The Intensive Care Society offers bursaries to allow five UK students undertaking full time studying a critical-care relations field the opportunity to attend the State of the Art.
Applications for a bursary to attend State of the Art must be sent in writing to the Honorary Treasurer of the ICS. Applicants should indicate whether they wish to attend for a single day or for the full conference.
- Applicants should explain why they wish to attend the meeting and what they expect to gain from attending.
- Applicants should to submit a letter on official letterhead from their educational institution, confirming that they are a student in full time education.
- Applicants must apply for ICS membership (£35.00 in the first year). Further information and an application form can be found on our main ICS website here
- The ICS Education, Training and Meetings Committee will consider all applications. Bursaries will then be awarded to the first five applications received where the students have effectively outlined the benefits they hope to gain from attending the State of the Art Meeting. Preference may be given to those who have been asked to present their work during the course of the conference.
- Successful applicants will be notified in writing and sent a registration form for the meeting.
- Successful applicants must return the registration form within 10 days or the bursary may be cancelled and offered to another student.
- The deadline for student bursary applications is Friday 13th October 2017.
- Preference may be given to students who are presenting an abstract at the meeting
- Students awarded a bursary are expected to help during their attendance at the conference by manning the roving microphones and other duties as required. Further details on responsibilities will be provided in the lead up to the conference.
- Up to 5 bursaries will be awarded each year which will cover the SOA registration fee and the reimbursement of up to £200 of travel, accommodation and subsistence costs during the event.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by the ICS secretariat as soon as possible after the closing date.
- Bursaries will be limited to one application per individual per year.
- In the event that a bursary application is declined and the student wishes to proceed with registration, delegate fees (early bird or standard rates) will apply based on the date the bursary application is received.
If you are a student and interested in volunteering at this year’s conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Where to apply
To apply for a bursary please write, fax or email to The ICS Treasurer:
Address: Intensive Care Society, Churchill House, 35 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4SG.
Fax: 0207 280 4369
Please clearly mark your application as for the attention of the Honorary Treasurer, for appropriate forwarding.