Martin Forde QC has a practice which covers all aspects of Health Law. He appears regularly in all the Regulatory and Disciplinary tribunals predominantly for practitioners including doctors, dentists, osteopaths, chiropractors and optometrists.
He has acted for the General Medical Council and the General Dental Council. He has appeared in a number of major cases in the Privy Council and has been involved in medical related judicial review hearings in the Administrative Court as well as judicial review hearings involving mental health and immigration issues.
His clinical negligence and personal injury practice is exclusively undertaken in the High Court involving injuries of maximum severity.
His experience of Inquests is extensive particularly in cases involving a mental health element.
He has appeared on many occasions in the Employment Tribunal acting for NHS Trusts and medical practitioners. He has appeared in HC (90) 9 proceedings, internal Trust and PCT hearings and has an extensive FHSAA practice.
He has been recognised as a band 1 practitioner by Chambers & Partners since 2010.
Notable cases include:
- Dr Michael Jonathan Fish v GMC  EWHC 1269 (Admin)
- R (on the application of X) v GMC  EWHC 3271 (Admin)
- Dr Casey v GMC NIQB 95
- Negin Shamsian v GMC  EWHC 2885 (Admin)
- Azzam v The General Medical Council  EWHC 2711 (Admin)
- R (on the application of Anderson & Ors) v HM Coroner for Inner North Greater London LTL 3/12/2004 “The Roger Sylvester Inquest.”
- Preiss v General Dental Council – Privy Council 2001 HRLR56 2001 Lloyd’s Rep Med 491
- Bainton v General Dental Council Privy Council Times October 17 2000
- Bhanot v South West London St Georges NHS Trust 2000 Lloyds Rep Medical 324
- Dr Emmanuel Dibua Nwabueze v General Medical Council (2000)